Thursday, August 30, 2012

New Chapter

So much has happened since my last post almost a year ago!  I continued with the lunches all year <insert wild cheering and applause here> and it was FUN!  Most importantly, Livs rarely asked to buy a school lunch so to me, it was all worth it!  This past week marked another monumental milestone in our house- we started homeschooling!  After much deliberation, praying, and talking it over with the Mister, we decided that this was the best step for our family at this stage in our lives.  This first week has been mostly fun with some frustration and chaos sprinkled in.  Although with a 7 year old girl, a 5 year old girl and an 18 month old fella chaos is a frequent occurrence at our casa.  First, I have to publicly bid farewell to our long-living fish, Stripey.   He lived through much while residing in our household- infrequent feedings, infrequent tank cleanings, just overall infrequent attention- but you would have thought it was a long lost pal that had passed away.  There was much weeping and gnashing of teeth and I mentioned to a friend that if there was a sack-cloth, it would have been torn.  Stripey is now buried under a tree in our back yard with a stone cross and aquarium pebble marking his final resting place.  You may be wondering how he died..welp- remember that 18-month old fella?  HE happened to Stripey.  He's a curious little guy and wanted to get a closer look which resulted in him pushing the aquarium to the ground, cracking the front, and pouring aquarium water all over our classroom carpet...it was grody, y'all.  Thankfully he wasn't injured (the tank was only 2.5 gallons)unfortunately Stripey wasn't so fortunate.  So that was the big excitement for the week.  The girls keep asking for another fish- they say we need a classroom pet.  I'm not quite sure, yet- I fear fishy 2 would suffer the same fate.
Secondly, since I'm now a homeschool mom, I'm trying to make our lives a little more streamlined.  We've cut way back on outside responsibilities and I'm trying my hardest to have meals planned out.  These last 2 weeks I planned breakfast, snack, lunch, and dinner.  While we didn't always stick to the menu (especially for breakfast and snack) we did pretty good with lunch and supper...and I only had to go to the store ONE time other then my initial shopping trip 2 weeks ago.  I'm liking it!  I'm trying to streamline it even more and make a cute little schedule like this one from The Creative Mama.


I'll share once I have it done and I'll keep you updated on what we're having each week and occasionally share a favorite recipe.  So glad to be back in the blogging world!!

No comments:

Post a Comment