Friday, September 9, 2011

Best.Pancakes.EVER!!

Seriously people, these pancakes RULE (do people even use that word anymore??) and they're not even hard to make. Sure- about a year ago, I thought I had lost my pancake mojo but it's back and better then ever- zippity-do-dah! I seriously make these pancakes at least once a week. I usually couple it with some fruit and scrambled eggs- which I also rock at making...who knew there was a correct way to make scrambled eggs go from ho-hum to OH-YUM!! (yeah- I just wrote that...) Anyhoo- here's the pancake recipe:

Deliciously Dangerous Pancakes

dry ingredients:
2 C all-purpose flour
2 T sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

wet ingredients:
1 large egg
3 T unsalted butter, melted and cooled
2 C buttermilk *

Set your oven to warm (usually 200 degrees) and turn on your griddle (or butter a frying pan). Whisk the dry ingredients together in a large bowl. In a seperate bowl whisk together the wet ingredients. Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients and pour the wet mixture into the well. Using a spatula, gently mix the ingredients together until they are just incorporated- a few lumps should remain- be careful to not over-mix (that's what I think I was doing when I thought I lost my pancake mojo...it makes them come out all dense and flat.) Using either a 1/4 cup measuring cup or a 3T cookie scooper, scoop the batter onto the hot skillet/pan and cook until large bubbles start to appear. Flip and cook for about 2 minutes more. Transfer to an oven safe plate and put finished pancakes in the warmed oven until you're ready to eat them. We love blueberry pancakes here so after I put the batter on the skillet, I add 6-8 blueberries per pancake. They are so delish! Another new favorite is to add some colored sprinkles after I scoop the batter onto the skillet. They are a fun birthday treat! These pancakes really are good and I usually have enough left over to have breakfast for the girls for the next morning. I just pop those bad boys into the microwave for 20 seconds and they're good to go! Do yourself (and your family) a favor and whip up some of these lovelies this weekend!




No comments:

Post a Comment